l'aventure africaine

our travel journal

Sunday, February 26, 2006

peace corps makeovers.

so this post is hard-hitting, heart stuff. okay, not so much... lots of that is happening, but this post is all about our new looks :)

michael first.

before...



and after...





he was a sad guy to cut his hair....but this will be a whole bunch easier!

okay, me next. my natural hair color is sort of dark blonde, and i thought i better try and dye it back to a more natural color instead of letting my roots just grow out and have a big line. when they dye it, my favorite hair gal said, they go two shades darker than your natural so that it fades to match your natural color, but WHOA was it dark.

before...




and after... me making a weird face.




so, now we are spiffied up and ready to go! if only we were packed...

:)

we visited mike's parents and grandparents this weekend, and we had some very quality time and ate his mom's amazing cooking...we were spoiled rotten. :) here's another cute grandparent pic:



less than one week to go!

2 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

What convinced Mike to shave his head? My hair is past my shoulders, and I've been debating what to do with it for the Peace Corps...

9:42 PM  
Blogger jana said...

Well brad,
the thought of dealing with my hair where showers were no guarantee didn't sound appealing. I decided it would just be easier for me and I've done it before and jana likes it a lot better as well
mike

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home