l'aventure africaine

our travel journal

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Whoa.

We are down to 27 days...

A month can seem so long and so short at the same time! Things are becoming more and more concrete, and therefore more and more exciting...and scary! My car has been sold, and we are moving out of our apartment and storing all of our belongings this upcoming weekend. My replacement starts this Friday at work, and will train with me through the following week and then I'm done! I'll have 3 days the week after to run some errands and do some shopping while Mike works three more days, then we are up to visit his family ...we come home and finish up and rest up for 4 more days and then...

we leave.

I had a going away sleepover, reminiscent of our college days, with the Flip-Flop girls this weekend...and it was wonderful to just soak in quality time with them before we go. Saying goodbye, as darn hard as it is, is a break in the status quo, and, yes I'm getting cheesy here but bear with me, and that break has allowed me to look at things in new ways. It's been cool to take stock of the quality people around me and take intentional moments to appreciate them. Cheesy, right? But important anyway.

Time for more packing.... :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Hey! Glad to see you finally made the switch to Blogger... Xanga never would let me comment. Anyway, you're about 10 months ahead of me and Whitney in our own Peace Corps adventure, so I'm looking forward to reading what comes next for you guys!

-Brad

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home